Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First Blog Post!

My interest in women studies was something that I really started to acknowledge my sophomore year after taking WMST 101 and I loved it and knew that another women studies class was simply just a class I can sit in and really enjoy. After learning about some of the Women's Issues and could easily relate I knew that  I needed to go beyond just learning more about it but actually taking part in helping the women in need and myself. I had the opportunity to do that this winter break and participate in the program Breakaway and had a chance to work with different organization in Boston, Massachusetts with women's health. We mostly worked with organizations that worked with women who have undergone domestic violence.

I was interested in taking Mediating Gender and Sexuality because I want to learn more about how media plays a role in situations of the women that I encountered in Boston. The more I learn the more I can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment