Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why I'm taking this class

I chose to take this class because I really enjoyed Erin's Media Structures class last year. Additionally, I want to pursue a career in Public Relations and after interning for a Talent PR firm in New York City this past summer, I've come to realize that it is important to understand how and why genders are portrayed in the media. I've had the opportunity to take some very interesting communication classes this year and I think that Mediating Gender and Sexuality will be no different. I enjoy Erin's teaching style and I think the content of this course will be useful and very significant for our generation. We live in a mediated consumer culture and are constantly receiving messages of how we should look and act based on what we see in the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment