Monday, January 16, 2012

A Stereotypical Gendered Media

I took this course because I have taken many classes with Erin before and she is an awesome teacher.  She is very helpful and cares a lot about what her students have to say.  She is willing to work with you, no matter the situation.  I also took this course because it seemed really interesting and easy to relate to because the media is something that effects our everyday lives.

I think gender and sexuality in the media is important to study because, like I said before, the media is all around us and no matter how hard we try to get away from it, it will always be there.  We have to learn about the positives and negatives stereotypes the media sets in relation to gender and sexuality in order to better understand the people surrounding us.  We have to know that what the media says about certain genders and/or sexualities is not always correct and therefore we cannot be stereotypical.

No comments:

Post a Comment