Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why Am I Taking This Class?

After taking Business of Media last semester, I have been able to think more critically about the society that we live in today with a very specific understanding of how various media industries influence our everyday lives. I felt that the most natural step after that particular class would be to take Dr. Kumar's "Critical Cultural Approaches in Advertising" and our "Mediating Gender and Sexuality" class. Before entering the marketplace this summer, I feel it is important to understand as much as possible about the potential industries that I could become a part of; while I may not agree with much of what the media accomplishes or the ways in which they go about completing their work, the reality is that these industries are likely going to play a very large part in my professional future. In combining all of the information that I will have learned from these three classes, I believe that I will be able to enter the market a more knowledgeable and well-rounded individual who will be able to contribute a great deal to these industries. So, as my time at Denison is coming to an end, I wanted to make sure to take classes that would intrigue and inform me in as many ways possible before stepping out into a world that is totally unknown to me (at least first-handedly).

No comments:

Post a Comment