Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why I Took This Class

Let's be honest. While I didn't say it in class, the main reason I took this class is for the professor. She was just getting a bit too much love in class so I wanted to keep her humble. I was also interested in the subject after I wrote a paper on Two Broke Girls last semester, and I began to think about how that show along with shows like Whitney where there are lead female characters.

It's interesting to look at the history of gender in the media, and I am excited to see where we have come from. It is important to study it because, as someone who plans to go into the industry, to analyze where we want to take the portrayal of gender in the media. I am excited because at Denison there is never an agenda, so I hope to analyze what has happened in the past as well as what is happening today, in order to make an informed decision about where to go in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment