Monday, January 16, 2012

Test Post

I'm taking this class because I've taken other classes that deal with sex and gender - like Issues in Feminism and The Trouble with Normal - but none that looked in-depth at the issues of sex and gender from a communications lens. I'm also looking forward to learning about gender and sex issues and how they relate to different media. It would be interesting to see if there is some kind of sex/gender "formula" for what makes a show or movie successful or unsuccessful.

I think it's important to be aware of sex and gender issues and especially how they relate to different kinds of media - things we experience all day, every day. I believe that awareness is the most important thing. I think that someone who (for example) watches a television show that is degrading to women should feel "okay" with watching it, although he/she should at least be aware that the show can be degrading.

1 comment: